2229 Views • 1 Reply
1 Black and Gold Boulevard Columbus, Ohio
After the electrifying 1994 FIFA World Cup held in the United States, Major League Soccer wanted to harness the momentum from what was considered to be the most successful World Cup in soccer history. Following the World Cup, Columbus, Ohio was presented with the first Major League Soccer (MLS) club, becoming the first of the original ten (10) clubs. Ohio’s capital city was chosen due to its more than 11,500 season ticket deposits and plans to build a soccer-specific stadium, the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States. The Crew Stadium was christened on May 15, 1999, with a 2-0 win over the New England Revolution, forever etching its place in American sports history as the country’s
Fan Author: Riley McDonald
- BARSBest bars near Mapfre Stadium ?
- FOODBest food and drink at Mapfre Stadium ?
1195 Views • 1 Reply
- FOODBest restaurants near Mapfre Stadium ?
1179 Views • 1 Reply
- FREE STUFFBest giveaways at Mapfre Stadium ?
1107 Views • 1 Reply
- PARKINGMapfre Stadium parking ?
1080 Views • 1 Reply
- TICKETSDealing with scalpers at Mapfre Stadium ?
1064 Views • 1 Reply